Wednesday, March 17, 2010

New Job

Yes, I have a new job! I am now a middle school band director. This is something I really wanted to do, but didn't think I would have the opportunity this soon. The former director took a position that opened up at our high school, which in turn opened the door for me. The district decided to move us into our new positions right away because the band has some pretty important parades coming up in the spring. So far it's been kind of like trying to cook in someone else's kitchen. I've had to spend a lot of time just figuring out where "stuff" is and how the building runs. I have a fantastic schedule where I basically spend the day teaching lessons, then have band during the last period of the day. I go NONSTOP all day, but am loving it. With this transition I've been pretty consumed with work, but am really missing my camera. So, that being said, pictures tomorrow!

No comments: