Monday, January 24, 2011

Hello, old friend.

And that old friend would be Weight Watchers.  Yes, I'm back.  After seeing a picture taken of me on New Year's Eve, I'm so back.  The new points system has been working out well.  I think having to relearn a completely new way is good for me.  It forces me to not be lazy or think I know what I'm doing.  I have to go through it step by step, like I did, gosh, almost 10 years ago.  You forget a lot in 10 years.  Going to meeting and not having to run the meeting was FUN!  Plus my buddies Chris and Gretchen were there, so the whole team was back together.  And now I'm going to gloat about my husband.  He has been incredibly supportive.  Although I'm sure he is secretly so sick of hearing about points all of the time, he has gone far above and beyond what I would have ever expected.  When he cooks, he takes the time to measure my food for me and does his best to keep it healthy.  (Yes, I'm very spoiled by him)  Then there was today.  I came home from work, really tired, slight headache, really not feeling like getting on the treadmill.  When he got home (45 min later) I still had not even changed into my workout clothes.  We talked a bit, I told him how I was feeling, and he said "you have 5 min. to be in your workout clothes.  Go."  So I went.  And I was sooooo glad I went!  I was able to complete my run (which I totally had convinced myself I couldn't do) and stay on track!  He's been a great motivator!  He's patient with me too and I really appreciate that.  No pictures this time, but soon I'll discuss my progress.

No comments: