Thursday, February 11, 2010

Picture practice


Recently I was reading one of my favorite blogs, The Pioneer Woman (by all means check it out, you'll be hooked!). She has a great photography section and she likes to give little assignments. The submissions from her readers are very impressive! This week the assignment is to take some pics that show interesting depth of field. Basically that is a close-up of something with the immediate background being blurry. Since I've got the 9 month model who's always doing something interesting, I tried out the technique on her. The biggest challenge is to get her to hold still long enough for me to get a decent shot in our low light house. Here are a few examples.





1 comment:

Nicole said...

Oooh, these are so fun! I love the one with the turtle head!