Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snow Vacation Part I


I'm so far behind here I don't even know where to begin. Let's go back to last week. The family from Indiana was planning to come in to visit for the weekend and the forecast was ominous. "Biggest snow of the season", "hazardous travel", etc. Well, they left extra early on Friday and managed to stay ahead of the worst of it. When they arrived on Friday evening the big flakes were really starting to come down. By Saturday morning, we had reached about 12" of snow. It was an impressive sight! Even more impressive was the fact that it was still coming down! By about 3 in the afternoon it was tapering off and the more stir crazy of the group decided to do some shoveling. I also ventured out with the camera! Here's a bit of what we encountered....


This is Jeremy's Mom's car. She couldn't make it the rest of the way of the driveway, so it got "parked" here. It may be here for awhile....


Me, just goofing off with a self portrait.


These are the grapevines along a fence by our house. They actually looked prettier a little earlier in the day, but it was snowing like crazy then.


Working on some close-up action. (Nicole, I'm playing with my aperture!)

More pics to come.....

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I love these! That self-portrait is too funny too!